Thursday, March 26, 2009,4:09 PM What's in 4 the future?
Recently, I just received my academic result and was really happy. I was delighted because my overall GPA increased and it seems to have given me some hope for entering into a university. However as I look back now it all just seemed like a dream. The improvement on my GPA was not able to ensure me a place for university. I know that I really wanted to further my studies. I know that I wanted to be like my elder sister going to university and making my parents proud. I have this feeling that I will not be able to enter into a university. Although I have tried hard and put in all the efforts to ensure a good grade, it just seems that the dream of entering into a university is just a far-fetched dream. A dream that will not be realised.
I have been waiting for letters sent out by the local university. Universities like NUS & NTU, but each day as I goes to open the letter box, the disappointment that I gets just rolls up to be a ball of sorrows. Right now, I have decided to put this dream of mine behind. I know that I have to move on. I know that even if i held onto this dream it will never be realised. Therefore, now I am moving on.
Seems like I will have to start searching for job and stop being a bum at home. I received a call from my lecturer this morning. Telling me that I should apply for the university of Sterling. This is because with my current grade, it would help in ensuring me a place for this university and even if I was not accepted by the local universities, I will still be able to study. However, this really is not what I wanted. My lecturer also told me that with the current grade that I am having it is almost impossible for me to enter in the local universities other than SMU. I am really very depressed! No one can help me. Many a times I prayed to the lord, to the buddha but it seems that my prayings were not heard. I wanted so badly to enter into NTU, I really wanted to go NTU to further my studies because the courses that are really attractive to me. Since none of my prayings were heard, it is time for me to stop expecting for any miracle to happen.